Fan Art Comic Pt. 1
Hey guys! How are you this fine Lenten day?
Back in October I said I would post the beginning of my War and Peace fan art comic come November…and now it’s February. So I figured I should show you what I’ve got so far. XD
As you can see for yourself, we’re still figuring things out; but I think the below set of sketches at least makes “a unit of sense,” as my old Latin professor used to say. At any rate, I’ve had fun with it and I hope you enjoy it too!
And there we have it!
I think if this thing survives any longer it might just turn into something besides a strict War and Peace retelling. The barista in panel 21 looks suspiciously like Enjolras to me. If this indeed be his true identity, we might have to change the name of his workplace from “Bald Hills Cafe” to “The ABC.”
If only I’d thought of that before I’d inked the thing.
Anywho that’s all from me for now! I hope your artistic endeavors are going well and that your Ash Wednesday has been blessed!










MEGAN! NUTMEG! GAH! This made me SO HAPPY to see pop up in my notifications.
ReplyDeleteAnd it did not disappoint. Girl, this is AMAZING and the whole thing made me BUBBLY HAPPY INSIDE. You clearly have a talent for graphic novelization that you have been underutilizing heretofore.
Like. The character design is PERFECT. And the coffee shop, and all your frames, and that one sketch of the campus. GAH. I NEED MORE RIGHT NOW.
"And this coming from the guy with three majors and a 4.0." XD (Also, it me.)
The coffee/respect juxtaposition is PERFECTION. I'm dying at how excited Natasha is about her coffee. It's perfect.
MEGAN I LOVE THIS SO MUCH.
(*ahem* I'm sorry for all the all caps, but it's Ash Wednesday, and I just got out of Mass, and I love Jesus, and it's a using-lots-of-all-caps sort of day. And no, I haven't had any coffee, why do you ask? 😅 (I think I'm just slightly high on the Eucharist. It's all good.))
Haha! Why thank you, dear! I'm ever so glad you enjoyed it. I've been enjoying it quite a lot myself--we're up to several more...scenes, I guess you could call them? (wut are graphic novels), and someday I'll get my act together and post them as a separate page on the blog.
DeleteThat IS you. XD Just make sure you get enough sleep, okay? XD
I think Natasha is me. Purely because of the coffee.
I AM SO VERY PLEASED THAT YOU DO.
(This comment made me so happy on Ash Wednesday. It still makes me happy now, but I thought I'd let you know that I did, in fact, see it on Ash Wednesday I just....haven't touched the comments section for weeks. One would think I'd given up the internet for Lent, lol.)